Monday, February 09, 2009

8bit beats



Holy smokes I'm turning into a html genius (not really)! It's probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to do (JK) but seriously, just searching through thousands of lines of code just to change some incredibly minute detail, figuring out how to embed flash mp3 players and trying to deal with Google AdSense is enough to make me tired all over... I've had to redo this thing like 4 times to get it right. But it won't be long until the "blogosphere" is like the matrix, and I am the one :-O

Anyways I figured I should post some tunes so here's some so-weeet 8bit SID chip action that I have been getting down to. The first one is a mellow dub tune with some sweet samples from the movie "dark star" (circa '74) by disrupt, co-founder of the jahtari label, a "Record label for Digital Laptop Reggae and Digital Dub." What a great name for a label that does 8bit dub tunes. They bring the hot nofriendo riddims, bumbaclart!

The next is an 8bit halfstep DnB remix of Pink Floyd by Datashat (A.K.A Datasette) which is bloody amazing. atmospheric, trippy (รก la floyd) and I love the quick 8 bit hihat edits. A party flyer on their site says it's "a new wave italo space disco electro funk robot montage sequence party to dance at", if you know exactly what that means and you want to be there, you are my kind of people :) You really need to go check out their site, they're giving away a ton of shit hot tunes over there so go get down with that.

P.S. That IS a pic of a Commodore Datasette, how appropriate :)









Disrupt - bomb 20








Pink Floyd - Paintbox (Datashat Remix)








Datashat - Stop the Message (Widescreen Edit)








Boy 8-Bit - The Cricket Scores



Datashat myspace
Jahtari myspace
Boy 8-Bit myspace

0 comments:

Post a Comment